Since wall light switch is closely related with human security, consumers should choose high security switches. There are many different kinds to choose from, and some might suit your project better than others. Here are some advice to help you make the right decision.
Size of switch panel should be consistent with that of connection box. Remember to bear in mind that choosing switch panel which has smooth surface, visible brand identity, anti-fake label and safety certification mark. Flame retardation and soundness of switch material is necessary. Generally speaking, height of switch should be 1200~1350 mm, the distance along the door frame 150 to 200 mm, and height of outlet 200 to 300 mm.
Internal wire connection plays a great role in switch’s security. At present the most advanced connection mode is speed terminal connection structure. It is very simple; all you need to do is to insert the wire into the terminal. There is no exposure to the live parts, so no electric shock in construction.
There are also switches specially designed for the kitchen, which installs the water splash box or plastic baffle on the panel. It is effective to prevent oil, steam intrusion, short circuits caused by moisture, and keep long life.
Pay attention when you buy switches:
- Appearance: pattern and color of switch should conform to the style of the room. For example, if the overall tone of room decoration is light colored, you should not choose black, brown or other dark switches.
- Hand feel: switches at high quality are made of the advanced materials such as polycarbonate. They are characterized by high fire resistance, moisture resistance and anti-collision. Fine switch requires smooth surface, no bubbles, no scratches, and no stains.
- Brand: to use switches of famous brands. The switch quality is the key for electrical appliances working normally. Switches from small manufacturers are very unreliable, which has short life span. But frequently change of switch is really troublesome. Most well-known brands make commitment to the consumers the switch “available for 15 years,” “guarantee working life of 12 years”, “continuous on/off 10,000 times”, etc.
- Mark: pay attention to the mark on the switches, including safety certification, the rated current and voltage.
- Packaging: there should be addresses and phone number